Terms and Conditions
In placing an online order with Meatsmith, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- When your order is delivered we guarantee it will be less than 5 degrees, delivered in a refrigerated truck with an ice back included in your box.
- We have authority to leave. The responsibility for the where abouts, quality and temperature of the product is passed to the customer once your order has been delivered. We receive three points of photo evidence from our deliveries provider when an order has been successfully delivery. If you believe your order has not been delivered successfully, please contact us directly.
- Melbourne metro day time deliveries (between 7am and 6pm) will receive an email and text message with a tracking link the evening before delivery, a text message when delivery is close, and both a text message and email receive an email on delivery with a photograph for reference. Delivery drivers will also knock or ring the doorbell/ intercom when making the delivery.
- Regional deliveries (between 7am and 6pm) will recieve an email and text message with a tracking link the evening before delivery, a text message when delivery is close, and both a text message and an email on delivery with a photograph for reference. Delivery drivers will also knock or ring the doorbell/ intercom when making the delivery.
- Meatsmith does not accept requests for specific delivery times. Our delivery service will provide an ETA of your delivery and will leave your order in your absence (if there is a safe space to do so). We will not issue refunds if orders are delivered outside of a requested delivery time frame.
- All deliveries will be left unattended (subject to any reasonable directions from you with your order).
- Please provide delivery instructions in the field at checkout (ie. leave on front porch, or apartment foyer access code). If your nominated delivery address is an apartment, unit or other secured building you must provide the access code, instructions or such other means to ensure delivery can be left safely.
If you are unable to pick up the order and/or need it redelivered, you will be charged a restocking and redelivery fee of $25 prior to the order being dispatched.
- Cancellations of online orders will be honoured only if 48 or more hours of notice has been given.
COVID 19 SAFETY
Our drivers will maintain at least the recommended 1.5m and sign for proof of delivery on your behalf. Your parcel will be left on your doorstep for collection once we depart.
- Please note that if you live in an apartment or building, we have advised our delivery staff not to enter, use lifts or any internal stairways. We require customers living in these buildings to pick their delivery up from the front of the building as we cannot deliver directly to your door. Our staff will wait for up to 5 minutes to make visual contact that the order has been received. This will help to flatten the curve, stop the spread and minimises risk to anyone living in the building.
- When necessary, all allergens are listed on the ingredients on each product. We take cross contamination very seriously, however we are not an allergen-free environment and therefore can not guarantee that items do not contain traces of allergens.
SALE OF LIQUOR
Meatsmith sells Wines and Beer under a ‘General Licence’. The recipient of the delivery order must be over 18 years of age. Meatsmith delivery personnel retain the right to ask for proof of age photo ID.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- You consent to, and are happy with purchasing products within our online store as they are offered, either by kilo or per unit (each).
- Online specials and promotions do not necessarily reflect in-store specials and promotions and are subject to change without notice.
- Products and stock levels listed in the Online Store do not necessarily reflect the products or stock levels in all Meatsmith retail stores. For accurate stock information stores should be contacted directly on the numbers listed here.
- Items generally cannot be altered (e.g. minced, diced, sliced) from their advertised state.
- Such requests are handled on a case-by-case basis and may incur a further labour charge.
- The fresh nature of our products means that from time to time items on our online store may be unavailable. Please indicate your preference in this situation here.
We make the following assurances to you, our valued customers:
- Your payment details will always be secure and protected, and never sold or given to any third party.
- Your delivery details are for use within Meatsmith (Meatopia Pty Ltd) only and will never be sold or given to any third party.
- If a product is not up to your standards simply return the product to the store with your receipt for a full refund or a replacement product. We want you to be thrilled with your purchase and will endeavour to resolve any issue with quality, quantity or service.
- Our food safety and hygiene practices follow best practise and are of an exemplary.
- standard. All our team members sanitise their hands before and after shop pick ups and customer deliveries.