Cassoulet ready to go box
Meatsmith's ready to go cassoulet box. The classic dish made with confit duck legs, Toulouse sausages, white beans, tomato & breadcrumbs needs almost no introduction. This hearty dish from the South of France is normally something we like to take our time with, however, our cook box allows you to cook this in a flash.
Simply heat your ingredients, top with breadcrumbs and bake in the oven until piping hot and crisp - rustic french dinner on the table in under 45 minutes. Serves two.
The ready to cook cassoulet box includes:
- 500g of our house-made Cassoulet beans (white beans, chicken stock, white wine, tomato paste, onion, duck fat & bacon skin)
- one Meatsmith cheese Kransky
- one Meatsmith Toulouse sausage (Western Plains pork, all spice, nutmeg, garlic and parsley)
- two Meatsmith confit duck legs (duck legs, salt, quarter spice, duck fat)
- 100g of Meatsmith bacon lardons
Recipe card included.
Please note you will need a large handful of fresh breadcrumbs for this recipe.
This is a fresh product, best cooked within 2-3 days. Please check all packaging for further use by date details.
How to cook your cassoulet:
Pre-heat your oven to 180C. Empty the jar of beans into a shallow pan or gratin dish (if it has a handle make sure it fits in your oven). Spread the lardons, sliced Kransky, and Toulouse sausages evenly over the top of the bean mix. Cover the mix with the sourdough breadcrumbs and a lug of olive oil. Nestle your confit duck legs around the beans and sausages. Place the cassoulet in your preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes or until the mixture is bubbling and the breadcrumbs crisp. Serve with a crisp, fresh salad & plenty of crusty bread.