2018 Bindi Pyrette Shiraz
The winemaker Michael takes on Heathcote Shiraz, as his family has done for over a decade. The vineyard was selected for its prime position and the deft hands that tend it. It's situated high in the Mount Camel Range, grown on the famous rocky Cambrian soils the region is known for.
Picked at precisely the point where freshness meets flavour, this is a lovely example of Shiraz from this part of the world. Only a small percentage of the fruit is matured in new French oak, this wine is about showcasing a pure, aromatic style of Syrah that doesn't shy away from the typical regional richness. A powerful wine whilst showing still showing restraint, this is a fine version Pyrenees Shiraz made by an astute mind.
Many reasons to love Bindi wines
• Vines are grown in a mix of ancient stony Ordovician soils and younger volcanic soil.
• Harvest completed by hand
• No herbicides or systemic pesticides in use
• Our compost is made from tea, cow horn preparation, fish and seaweed.
• Wines are made without adding yeast, yeast nutrient, enzyme or fining agents.
• The wines spend many months on yeast lees in old and new French barrels.