2019 Bindi Kostas Rind Chardonnay
2019 Bindi Kostas Rind Chardonnay, Gisborne VIC
This is the 29th wine from this vineyard (Est. 1988) and we can comfortably say it will improve for six to ten years, drinking well over a 15 to 20 year window.
Of course, we enjoy and admire many wines each year for their personality and delicious nature but every so often there's a wine that really captures our affection. The 2019 Kostas Rind Chardonnay is one such wine. This wine gives and hides, has forward characters and as well as restraint. There are the usual floral and blossom aromas mixed with citrus, spice and chalkiness as well as a lovely depth of stone fruit concentration.
Many reasons to love Bindi wines
• Vines are grown in a mix of ancient stony Ordovician soils and younger volcanic soil.
• Harvest completed by hand
• No herbicides or systemic pesticides in use
• Our compost is made from tea, cow horn preparation, fish and seaweed.
• Wines are made without adding yeast, yeast nutrient, enzyme or fining agents.
• The wines spend many months on yeast lees in old and new French barrels.